Friday, May 27, 2011

Lady Gaga Talks "Edge of Glory" Inspiration

Fresh off of her awe-inspiring "American Idol" performance, Lady Gaga has revealed the importance "Edge of Glory" to her and the emotional back story to the powerful track.

While checking in with KIIS FM radio host Ryan Seacrest and "Idol" judge Randy Jackson earlier today (May 26), the Mother Monster dished about the depth of her latest single.

Explaining that just after wrapping up work on her latest album her grandfather passed away, Gaga said the situation forced her to deal with death for the first time, telling, "My Grandma said Joey [her Grandpa] just go. And we left the room and he died. And I remember he just gave this look to her that said ?I won.? Like I?m a champion. So the ?Edge of Glory? is not just about falling in love or about dying, but it?s about being on the glorious edge of that glorious championship of your life.?

The 25-year-old pop star also revealed how grounded she's stayed through her massive success, as she said, ?I wake up in the morning everyday and I think about [her producer] Jimmy Iovine and I think about the fact that he gave me this opportunity and I still live in the same apartment I lived in 6 years ago."

Gaga added, ?It?s funny, when ?Born This Way? went to number one, it went to number one in like 90 minutes on iTunes, I said to myself, ?Aww f*** yeah!? Then a huge roach crawled on me. And then I was thinking to myself, this is exactly what I want. I did not get into this business for the money. I don?t care about the material things. I don?t do this because I want tons of attention. I did it because it was my destiny to be a performer and to be part of mobilizing the voice of my generation.?

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/lady-gaga/lady-gaga-talks-edge-glory-inspiration-life-after-fame-509313

Luján Fernández Dita Von Teese Jennifer Love Hewitt Chandra West Melissa Howard

No comments:

Post a Comment