Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ja Rule: I was 'a little ashamed of myself' over 50 Cent feud

Ja Rule's feud with 50 Cent (r.) began after he received his two-year jail sentence.

Stephen Lovekin/Getty; Kristin Callahan/Everett

Ja Rule's feud with 50 Cent (r.) began after he received his two-year jail sentence.

It looks like Ja Rule is the next celebrity to trade in the good life for a stint behind bars.

The rapper, whose real name is Jeffery Atkins, is set to begin serving his two-year prison sentence for an old gun charge on June 8.

Back in July 2007, Ja Rule was caught with a loaded .40-caliber pistol in his car as he left an upper West Side concert. He was sentenced after pleading guilty to attempted possession of a weapon.

But, instead of worrying about what it will be like in prison, the 35-year-old is concerned with getting his latest record released before he begins his sentence.

"I just want to put it out to the world before I go in," he says in a video interview on thelifefiles.com. "It's funny because, I'm about to go to jail, and my main concern is to make sure that I get this album done and out there for the fans."

PHOTOS: THE WORST CELEBRITY FEUDS

Ja Rule also took the time to talk about his feud with fellow rapper 50 Cent, which both artists made public in an exchange of heated Twitter rants. Although he says the two will never collaborate or be friends, he does mention that the beef between them, which started as far back as 1999 according to 50 Cent, is over.

"We can coincide inside of a world. He's doing him, and he's not thinking about me, and I'm doing me and I'm not thinking about him," he says in the video.

He adds, "I was a little ashamed of myself to be even involved with that. Because I'm like, yo, I'm 35 years old and I'm on Twitter beef? That's not something I want to entertain, but I'm a man first, so I'm reading s--- like him sending Tweets and little things about me."

Ja Rule's recent prison sentence does not mark the first time that he has had a brush with the law. In June 2003, he allegedly punched a man in Toronto , who later sued him. One year later, police investigated whether he was involved in a fatal shooting outside a nightclub party, and in July 2004, he was arrested for driving with a suspended license and possessing marijuana.

Source: http://feeds.nydailynews.com/~r/nydnrss/gossip/~3/bDqVM-Ii9Fs/2011-05-31_rapper_ja_rule_to_begin_twoyear_jail_sentence_talks_about_upcoming_record_and_fe.html

Drea de Matteo Katy Perry FSU Cowgirls Aki Ross Alicia Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment