Thursday, December 30, 2010

Shanna Moakler Resigns From Miss California Pageant

Donald Trump announced yesterday that Carrie Prejean would be allowed to keep her crown as Miss California despite the semi-nude photos that have surfaced. Today, Miss California Pageant Director Shanna Moakler has resigned her post.

'Since the press conference yesterday, I had a chance to think about what has taken place, and I feel that at this time it is in my best interest to resign from the Miss California USA organization,' Moakler tells Us.

'I cannot with a clear conscious move forward supporting and promoting the Miss Universe Organization when I no longer believe in it, or the contracts I signed committing myself as a youth,' she continues. 'I want to be a role model for young woman with high hopes of pageantry, but now feel it more important to be a role model for my children. I am sorry and hope I have not let any young supporters down but wish them the best of luck in fulfilling their dreams.' "

Meanwhile, Katie Rees, who was stripped of her crown as Miss Nevada because of nude photos in 2006, is complaining of a "huge double standard."

'Semi-nude photos are semi-nude photos,' she told E! News.

'I don't know why I am the only one who was punished for their behavior,' she said. 'I was only 19 when those photos were taken of me, and it was me in my personal life, far before I was crowned Miss Nevada. Carrie actually posed for these professional semi-nude photos.

'I think that's worse.' "

And the saga continues...

Photos by Wenn.com

Continue reading

Source: http://www.imnotobsessed.com/2009/05/13/shanna-moakler-resigns-from-miss-california-pageant/

Teri Polo Rebecca Mader Brittany Lee Michelle Obama Emmanuelle Chriqui

No comments:

Post a Comment