Friday, December 31, 2010

Lady Gaga To Make Born This Way Announcement New Year's Eve

'My gift to you is a BORN THIS WAY announcement Midnight on NEW YEARS EVE,' she writes in a Christmas tweet.
By Jocelyn Vena


Lady Gaga
Photo: Michael Caulfield/ Getty Images

Lady Gaga is kicking 2011 off with a bang. The singer shared with her little monsters that, come New Year's Eve, she will have a special announcement for her loyal fans about her upcoming album, Born This Way.

She tweeted over the weekend: "Merry Christmas little monsters! I love you with all my heart. My gift to you is a BORN THIS WAY announcement Midnight on NEW YEARS EVE. -MM."

The Mother Monster didn't reveal anything else about the announcement but did react to a fan-made video sending Christmas love to the superstar. "This is so darling!" she wrote. "You make me so happy, Im sending you monster kisses!"

Gaga had always planned to end 2010 on a high note. She shared with Rolling Stone back in June that she had every intention of making an announcement on New Year's Eve, even if what she had planned to announce was pre-empted. "I think I'm gonna get the album title tattooed on me and put out the photo," she said of her plans six months ago. "I've been working on it for months now, and I feel very strongly that it's finished right now. It came so quickly. Some artists take years; I don't. I write music every day."

Since she already revealed her album title at the VMAs, what she plans to announce on New Year's Eve is a mystery, but we're sure her fans are counting down the moments.

Gaga recently shared that the album will be her "most innovative." A single is expected in February, and the album will follow shortly thereafter.

"[The album is] a marriage of electronic music with major, epic, dare I even say, metal or rock and roll, pop, anthemic style melodies with really sledge-hammering dance beats," Gaga said. "I think that lyrically this album is more poetic ... It's really written by the fans, they really wrote it for me because every night they're funneling so much into me. So I wrote it for them. Born This Way is all about my little monsters and me, mother monster."

What do you think Gaga will unveil on New Year's Eve? Share your guesses in the comments!

Related Photos Related Artists

Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1654914/20101227/lady_gaga.jhtml

Nikki Reed Maria Sharapova Janet Jackson Giuliana DePandi Whitney Port

No comments:

Post a Comment